As I introduced myself a few weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to ask the owners a few questions so that you could get the chance to know them a bit more, and maybe find out a few fun facts.
Christine, is a USC grad (FIGHT ON!), California native, as well as mother of 4 amazing children, and wife to an amazing man of God who continues to allow her to follow her heart and build this company with Amy. She is the youngest of 8 children and most certainly is an inspiration to me, and a perfect reminder that we are daughters and sons of the King, and that nothing is greater than him. Below are some questions that I asked her…
1. What are your favorite things to do in your free time? I used to love to play tennis and go on long hikes, but running a growing company has taken up most of that time in the last few years. However, I have found that as long as I make time for my husband and four children, I am happiest when I am doing anything with them and can give them my undivided time and attention.
2. Who is your favorite saint & why? It is extremely difficult for me to choose just one favorite saint as so many saints inspire me in so many different ways daily! But let me share a little story about my patron saint, St. Cecilia. I chose St. Cecilia as my confirmation saint when I was 12 years old because I was playing the piano at the time and I learned she was the patron saint of music. I received the Sacrament of Confirmation in her name and then pretty much forgot about her. But I came to learn that she never forgot about me… Through high school, college and my adult life I have always heard the perfect song on the radio, or in mass or a friend has shared a song that touched me to the core just when I needed it. I realize that this was my patron, St. Cecilia, using music as a simple message to keep me on the right track, to guide me and to pull me out of my own head and give me hope just when I needed it the most. Many people would say these were all coincidences in my life, but I know better, and St. Cecilia has taught me to lean on many more of the saints in my life for guidance and inspiration; St. Theresa of Avila, St. Maximillian Kolbe, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Benedict, St. John Paul II, Blessed Mother Teresa, St. Faustina, Padre Pio and more recently, St. Joseph and Servant of God Fr. Patrick Peyton.
3. What is your favorite candy? I have always had a sweet tooth but my favorites are Sour Patch Kids and M & M Peanut.
4. What is your favorite MSMH piece? I never leave the house without wearing at least one Benedictine Blessing Bracelet. I feel the same way as so many of the people who share stories with us every day saying, “I can’t explain it, but I put this Blessing Bracelet on and have never wanted to take it off.” I can truly feel the blessings and protection of St. Benedict and all of the love and prayers woven into each piece.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? If I could be anywhere in the world, I would definitely pick Medjugorje. It’s hard to explain, but every time I get there I just feel like I am “home.” It may not look or feel like Heaven in the physical sense, but the way people act and the way I feel when I am there is the closest thing to what I pray that heaven will be like.
I hope the search for your star is going well.